Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Say Yes to Scandle - Gift Guide



Scandle makes candles that are totally unique!  Instead of being wax based, they’re made of some kind of super duper magic stuff that turns to a moisturizing lotion when you burn the candle.  How awesomely crazy and unique is that?!?!  Plus, they come in a really cute re-usable brushed aluminum tins with a band that has the eco mantra of Reduce – Reuse – Recycle.  The band can even be worn as a bracelet.  




I received a Scandle in the Calming Blend scent.  It had a strong lavender scent, which was fine with me.  Sometimes I find scented items to be too strong, but that wasn’t the case with this candle.   It had a good scent throw, too.  While you could smell it in the room it was burning in, I didn’t smell it throughout the whole house. 

I lit the Scandle and watched it burn.  The magic wax melted slowly and pooled.  Once it started to pool, I wanted to test  the lotion-ness of it.  I pondered if I should blow out the flame or not.  Yeah…we don’t always do things the safest way here.  Shh…don’t tell!

Anyway, I blew out the flame and started to pour the pool on my hand.  It was at that point my mom asked me what I was doing and suggested that might want to touch it with my finger first. I took her recommendation and stuck my finger in.  Much to my surprise, it wasn’t hot at all!  It was just slightly warmer than body temperature.  Whoa!!   



I wanted my mom to try it, but she wasn’t having any of it.  So I poured it on my arm and rubbed it in.  It was a unique, pleasurable sensation.  Now my skin is really soft and I smell like lavender.  After seeing that, my mom was intrigued.  I finally managed to convince her to try the Scandle, too!  I think this would be really great rubbed on your feet as part of a DIY pedicure. 

Scandle would make a great hostess gift or a fantastic stocking stuffer!  How about giving one to your child’s teacher?  Get one for yourself, too!  Connect with them on Facebook or Twitter, too. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost spit coffee on the computer screen when I read "super duper magic stuff"! That's funny!

I have one and I haven't tried it, yet. I think I'm going to try it on my feet like you suggested, though. This dry weather is getting to my skin.

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Oh, I love candles.I must try this out!!! It would be a great gift for myself

Isra said...

What a great idea and truly reduce-reuse, very cool product. Glad you didn't get burned!

Post a Comment

 
YouSayToo Revenue Sharing Community