Friday, September 9, 2011

Fashion Friday: A-Line Skirts

A-line skirts are so cute and flattering on almost all body types.  They're great for running around in summer, for both work and errands.  Pair them with tights and an A-Line Skirt will take you into fall. 



Women's Plus Size Eyelet A-line Skirt

This is a great basic piece - with a twist!  A navy blue A-line skirt made of eyelet.  Perfect for the summer into fall transition.  The eyelet pattern is subtle, so it's not too casual for the office.  I'd pair this one with a solid color tight.  From Land's End. 



Green Tweed Mini Skirt

For the more daring, this mini skirt is super adorable!  Now, I could never wear it, as I am of the thunder thigh tribe, but there are lots out there that could.  Pair it with heavy tights or even leggings.   By Tibi. 



Menswear Inspired Tweed A-Line Skirt

Another fantastic basic for Fall.  Dress it up, dress it down.  Wear with a white button down for a menswear inspired look.  Pair with a jewel-tone blouse for a bold pop of color.  Match it with a bodysuit and pile on the jewelry.  It's all good! 


Dizzie Plaid A-Line Skirt

Super casual and perfect for weekends.  It looks a lot like shorts, but it's a skirt.  This would be great for running errands or going to the Farmer's Market.  Organic cotton and reasonably priced at under $25 too!  From Horny Toad. 


White BadaBing A-Line Skirt

A fun print in a great cut.  A little bit longer, a little swingier.  A whole lot of cute.  Great for everyone from moms to pinups.  From indie brand Heartbreaker.  Under $50 & made in the USA.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopping thru with the Friday Hop! Enjoyed your post! Follow back @ http://pargasjunkyard.wordpress.com and/or on facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pargas-Junkyard/259287017434763

Unknown said...

Hi there - following you from the Friday hop. I own 1 skirt and it's two sizes too small. I would love to update my wardrobe and own some but I'm needing to take off some weight first - great post - really love the last one.

Dayna
http://www.greatbeautybuys.com

BrendaC said...

Hopped over from Wild Weekend hop to become your newest GFC follower. I loved exploring your blog, especially the book reviews. Hope you can drop by my blog at kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com when you get a chance. Have a fantastic weekend!

keatseatsblog said...

Love your blog! Especially that first skirt-- so cute!

Following from Wild Weekend! Would love a follow back when you get the chance :)

Ashton
Something Swanky

Sarah @ Made in USA Challenge said...

Love the tweed skirt, where did you find that from?
Sarah @ made in usa challenge

Anonymous said...

That last one is adorable, but I think the tweed one is my favorite. I used to have this rockin' A-Line swing coat. I literally wore. it. out.

Gave your post a wee Stumble. :)

Katya kate said...

Thanks for an inspiring fashion post! I'm a new follower. Dropping by from the blog hop,

Kate
http://mommygrowingup.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

New follower via stumble hop, hoping you will follow back at http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com/ xx

ps stumbled you and followed via networkedblog aswell x

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Love A line skirts. They are so flattering for so many body types.

I am visiting from the Stop and Stumble Hop. I have stumbled this post. If you have a chance please stumble mine too. http://www.messforless.net/2011/09/foam-window-clings.html
Thanks!

Kristin Aquariann said...

Super cute skirts!!

Btw, I'm a new follower from Meet Me Monday and hope you'll help finish the season strong by joining my Summer Blog Hop, too.

Also, I see from the other comments that you participate in Stop and Stumble, too, so I stumbled. My post: Zombie Costumes

Free eBooks Daily said...

I am a new follower from the hop. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Hope to you can visit and follow my blog - Free eBooks Daily. (You can even read ebooks on your computer or smartphone!)
http://www.freeebooksdaily.com

Lyudmila said...

I like gray skirt! (pic N 3)
I would love international giveaway with clothing as a gift!

Cts to you with 258 followers on fb!

Oana said...

I love A-line skirts!

Shelley Zurek -- Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

I like the gray skirt but don't like a-line skirts on me!

Post a Comment

 
YouSayToo Revenue Sharing Community